Monday, September 14, 2009

Chemo Today

We are heading to Grand River this morning for Barry's first chemo treatment. Barry has taken all the medications to prevent an allergic reaction to the chemo drugs and has 3 other prescriptions to take afterwards to keep the nausea at a minimum.

Barry's Mum and Dad are heading to Guelph to take care of Daniel while we are gone for the 5 hours of appointments, and we are so thankful that you don't even bat an eyelid when we need you! We would be lost without you xxx

Thanks for the phone call this morning Steve. I can't say it enough, but your calls mean a lot to Barry. xxx

So we're off in a few hours. I have to say I am a bit nervous, but like I said to Barry's brother... Barry is so tough, I am sure he will handle the chemo like a champ and it won't even phase him! Here's hoping!!

Please have a quick moment this morning for Barry, and send him some positive vibes or say a little prayer! xxxx

I will update again this evening when he is home and settled.

Love to you all xx

2 comments:

  1. I would like to wish Barry a good day, hope everything goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara, Barry and Daniel.
    I hope everything went well with the chemotherapy today. I have been thinking about you and it takes me back to a year ago. Get Barry to rest for the next few days but also try to get out for a walk if the weather is nice.
    Thank you so much for the lovely card I received and the note inside. I will always be here if you need anything:)
    Hugs.
    Jill. xxx

    ReplyDelete