Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love Thy Neighbour....

Barry and I have a busy day today, and to beat the heat we left at about 8:20 this morning. So Daniel and head to the car while Barry hobbles down the steps and everything is so quiet and still, it was lovely! Even the temperature was bearable, with an almost cool breeze and the sun hiding behind the clouds.

Now our parking lot, for those that don't know, backs onto a townhouse complex. Past the fence is their parking, then their front yards. Being that it was still early, I wasn't expecting anyone to be outside over there! So when I saw a woman move in her front yard, it caught my eye. She was wearing a blue night gown which stopped just above her knees, and she was quite heavy set. This lady proceeds to bend over, and I thought to myself, 'its a good thing she wasn't facing away from me, or I would have had an eyefull!'. Daniel runs to play in the dirt and this woman catches my eye again. This time she has turned around and starts weeding her garden..... with no underwear on!!!!!! I could see her entire kit and kaboodle!! Thinking this is going to be a quick mistake on her part and that she would get a cold breeze right up her yin yang, I start to tell Barry, who is nearly outside at this point. Much to my chagrin, after I describe this to Barry, she is still there, bent over picking her weeds, showing us everything she owns! Barry and I are laughing so hard, I am nearly in tears. Who doesn't know they are showing the world their, um, assets? So we are nearly out of our parking lot, and I look back, and, whoop, there it is, STILL there lol.

We now know which neighbour NOT to borrow sugar from. And let this be a lesson to all: Gardening in a nightgown and no undies, is not a neighbourly thing to do!!!

When we got back (from picking up my passport, and collecting Barry's discs with all his imaging on them) Barry saw the commando lady and thankfully she was fully dressed.

On a completely different note, I spoke with the CCAC ladies (community care access centre, which provides any in home servies Barry needs, like nurses, dieticians, social workers, wheelchairs, etc) and they are going to have a physiotherapist come to the house to have a look at Barry's knee and try to get it feeling better. He has a hard time walking, and even worse time getting up and down stairs. So that should happen within the next week or so. They are also sending a nurse out, because they want to get an assessment of Barry before treatments start, so they have a base line of his health. They should come for that Friday.

I tried to call Daniel's school today, and I guess the secretary at the school board was misinformed! Turns out the schools aren't opening for another week yet! I couldn't get through so I brought Daniel to the school with me, and it was all locked up. We did see the special playground for the JK/SK kiddies. There is a black gate all around it to keep the neatly tucked in their space and safe from the big kids lol. There are even parking spaces outside that area for pick up and drop off just for JK/SK parents. It looks like they have their very own entrance inside the black gates, too. Daniel is moving up in the world, it seems! He was very disapointed that he still doesn't know his teachers name. lol

Ok.... of to get some things around here done. No rest for the wicked *grin*.....

No comments:

Post a Comment