Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wow... nearly 1000 Visits so far!

The support we see in so many ways is almost overwhelming! Barry can't believe that so many people have made this many visits to read about his battle. Nearly 1000! Who would have thought it!

I have a few thank yous to some special people, so please bear with me.

Bieke, thank you for our visit. Marianna and her 2 friends made that such a fun time for Daniel! He loved their dancing while he played the piano. He rushed home to tell Barry all about it! And our talk was so nice, although nice doesn't really do it justice. I always feel you are behind me 100%, and never judgemental. You are so smart when it comes to children, you should have had a dozen! The way Daniel opened up to you, and the queues you take from him.... wonderful to watch! And the chocolates are now gone, there is nothing better than Belgian chocolate!! Yummm!

Hannah and Mark.... thank you for our dinner this evening. You must have put a lot of work into that, it was great and yummy! It allowed me to spend more time with the men here, and then I could put my feet up afterwards! I am touched and blessed by your kindness. And Daniel loved his truck and art supplies, so thank you very much for making him smile. Your kindness is appreciated more than I can express xx

To Steve, Nykki, Jen, Jill, Dot, and all the other people that post comments here and on face book and in emails, thank you so much! I may not reply to them all, but I read them all and they motivate me to stay strong. Thank you.

If anyone wants our email address, it is threebears1959@yahoo.ca . We would love to hear from you :)

Tomorrow we are visiting Barry's son Craig and his mum Wendie. I am glad that after all these years, they are finally going to see each other. The past is the past, and we are all moving forward, something that isn't always easy. Daniel thinks its weird that he is a big brother, and doesn't like the fact that he isn't the oldest of the two of them lol. Once he meets Craig, I am sure it will be water under the bridge and he will see the advantages of such a BIG older brother! Craig is 21, and sounds like a great man! We can't wait to meet with you guys tomorrow!

So not much more to post. Barry is still thinking a bandanna for his head might be the way to go. I may have to go to a bike shop and see if I can find something nice and rugged for him!

Oh, and I bought Barry's birthday present. Its still a secret, so don't tell Barry! He has said all along that he is lucky number 7 in the 10% that can beat this disease and he has never faltered from that one bit. So I have got him a gold number 7 and a gold chain to wear it on. That way, through his treatments and everything he does, he will have the 7 to keep his eye on the prize and to give him the motivation to fight when he doesn't think he has the strength. It wasn't easy to find a number 7 charm, but with the help of Kristine and a few nights out, we were able to find exactly what I had in mind for him!

I am keeping it Kristine's house, partly because I don't want him to find it, but partly because I don't want to give it to him early! ! I find it hard to keep secrets lol.

Keep us all, including Wendie and Craig in your thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. Hopefully I can post some nice pictures of Barry and his sons. I look forward to seeing the 3 of them together. And I won't forget to pack the tissue.... for Wendie and I!! Craig, Daniel, and Barry will probably laugh at us, but we're moms. This is a great thing!

So for someone with not much new happening, I have said a lot!

Lots of love xxxx
Sara :)

3 comments:

  1. hi three bears

    missed your bloggs sara there so good.
    the present sounds great..the best motivation.

    good luck tomorrow hope you all have a great catch up.

    all the best..will ring you v soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara
    Sometimes it take something like this to bring families together. I hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow and Daniel will love having a big brother.
    Sara, I am on Facebook if you want to add me to yours. Just search for Jill Ooms or I have a link to my Facebook on my blog.
    Have a wonderful Sunday and enjoy the family time.
    Hugs
    Jill:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I like the birthday present idea, it is great. I hope you all enjoy your day together with Craig....sounds like a great idea
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete