Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Penny for Your Thoughts?

So this is a secret post. Barry doesn't know about it, and he won't, until after the fact.

His birthday is September 11th. It is his 50th birthday. Can you believe it? Being 18 years younger than him (don't do the math lol) I can't. He doesn't act it, I can assure you of that haha.

Barry drinks his coffee from a mug that says "a penny for your thoughts" on the side. But I clean that mug at least once a day for him, and it got me thinking today.

I wanted to throw Barry a big birthday bash. That just isn't going to happen now, for many reasons. So I had to think of something else I could do.

So while washing his mug this morning, it came to me. And this is where I need your help.

Could you all send him a card this year, and include a penny? A penny for your thoughts, prayers, etc? I think that getting a large number of cards, with a penny, for your thoughts of him, would really touch him.

If you all join in, and all send a card, and have people that you have told about Barry send him a card, imagine the number he would get? Imagine the great feeling you would all give him, with your pennies?

All I ask is that you make sure he knows who you are, and tape a penny inside, and include "a penny for my thoughts" somewhere inside.

Our address is:

Barry Walker
5-8 Applewood Crescent
Guelph, Ontario N1H 6B2
Canada

Thank you all so much in advance! One card, one penny, and you will fill his heart! (and mine). Sometimes its easy to feel alone, especially now that he can't drive, doesn't feel in control, or even independent now. This would mean so much and remind him that you are all here for him!

So no telling Barry, but pass it on to anyone that knows Barry, or knows of him, or is praying for him!

Love,
Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment