Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today We're Smiling :)

Today was a good day.... busy, but good.

This morning started with a phone call from Steve, Barry's brother. That really lifts Barry up, and it started his day on the right foot. Daniel spoke to him too and was amazed that there are a thousand kangaroos and joey's in Australia! lol I love his innocence and the way small things like that light up his eyes. Oh to be 3 again!

We called Barry's dad and sang happy birthday to him. Daniel loves that. I can have Daniel call any of you if you would like on your birthday... he loves doing it lol. And much better sounding than my tonedeaf self haha. Happy birthday, Dad! I know you have stopped counting, but without this day, you wouldn't be here! So instead of celebrating the number, lets celebrate the meaning! We love you xxx

We had a nice lunch today at Swiss Chalet, just the 3 of us, just like the old days. It was nice to just talk, to be distracted from this disease, and to laugh and be just 3 again. Daniel was well behaved, the food was good, Barry enjoyed his chicken pot pie, and it felt so normal, so Walker-ish. Pure bliss for me to be with my 2 men, and to smile.

Bill, a good friend of Barry's rang tonight and they talked and talked like 2 women! haha. They met when they both worked at the same trucking company in (I think) 2001! We lost touch with him when Barry first had melanoma in 2007, and it was nice to be back in touch. Bill and Barry always laughed so much and I think this was just what Barry needed. They both like Jim Carey and that silly humour, both like to talk shop, and just catch up about the "good old days". Thanks for calling Bill, and thanks for making me smile tonight too!

I did less crying today. Much less. So it was a good day. Thank you to Dot, Chrissy, and Steve for your love and words....all made me cry "happy" tears today!

Tomorrow we go and see the radiologist. We are hoping for a quick start to the treatment. The sooner they start, the sooner the lesions shrink and dissappear!

We also have the physiotherapist coming round tomorrow afternoon. I hope he can bring some relief to Barry's knee and help the mobility in his hand.

Ok... off to do the dishes that I have not done today. A not so great ending to a great day :)

Love to you all xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi to all of you,
    Laughter is the best medicine we found.We would turn on a comedy and laugh out loud, something we didn't do to much of before but even now we continue to laugh a lot.
    What a wonderful day you had...hope you had chicken at the Swiss Chalet,lol.
    Good luck tomorrow and I hope they start the treatments soon.
    Lots of hugs to all of you.
    Jill:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great family day - and lots of smiling :) Will be thinking of you at the appointment tomorrow and will call on Sat. sometime for a chat and update... can Daniel sing Happy Birthday to me even if it's not my birthday? lol sounds as though he, like Georgie, likes to perform ;) Lots of hugs 'n love xxxx

    ReplyDelete